This was the next rug that I made….the design came from the cover of a vintage gardening book. I just love the way the roots of the tree entertwine at the base of the rug. Talk about a PAIN to transfer to the backing….all of those little leaves to draw out over, and over, and OVER!!! I was still a pretty new hooker at this time and didn’t have a lot of money to spend on resources, so this was hooked on burlap and so far it is holding up very well.
It’s home is in our entryway and it has held up great…it gets walked on ALL THE TIME!!! Even with the light background it really doesn’t have much soiling….other than where one of my dogs pee’d on it and the red colors of the lettering run when I was trying to get the stain out. I had used recycled wool and even though I had washed the wool before I hooked with it, it still bled. I unhooked that part and tried to dye somewool to match. Here is a picture of the repaired part. The colors don’t match exactly, but I think it just adds to the story of the rug.
These are NOT the dogs who did the damage….it was our old dog, Geairmo, God rest his little soul..he was just old when it happened. These are my girls, Cleopatra and Truvy…..looking out the window last night at the rain.